The life and times of what goes on for a Resort Server. I live her I work here and I play here.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Are you always like this?

I walked in to work and immediately was feeling agravated. Anette rubbed me the wrong way, over something so minor I'm not even going to bother blogging about it. I had a weird text message from Goose and Javiar is on burn out.

I got busy. Nothing unmaneageable but the kitchen was hurting due to.... let's call him Dip. My station was pretty straight forward, eight top, two four tops a five and two deuces. By seven-thirty I was full. I had one bottle to decant for my deuce who did the song and dance of where I was from and why I was here. My eight top was shockingly easy.

My five top was great. For the record, I love waiting on gay guys. I'm the Cher, Alicia Silverstone, Kathy Griffin whatever of waitresses. I like the way they flirt with you I love it when they call me 'sweety'. They're happy people, kinder and more considerate than most tables. Friendly but not in a weird way. The two gay guys were having dinner with what appeared to be their grandparents. Gay guy number one looks up and asks me if 'I'm always this nice?'

I wasn't sure what to say. I mean no, of course not. I am not that happy all the time, in fact most of the time I'm not. I like quiet places, alone time, I'm the last person that's going to head out for 'dollar night' on tuesdays. My idea of a good time is my best friends couch and a bottle of wine. It's my day off. I could have made dinner plans, gone to the movies whatever. But, it's been about two weeks since I had a free night. So, i'm in my tweety bird pajama pants watching an Ellen Page movie with my computer on my lap blogging. So, no. I am not always nice and friendly I don't always smile. It's like people assume I live my life in a blue striped tye.

Other things to talk about. We have the return of 'D-Bag' for the record my sous chef named this particular white coat. There seems to be an influx of little boys in my restaurant that can't seem to cook. Talk about really frustrating. Food starts moving at a crawl my Sous Chef is throwing brocollini at the back of their heads.... loud angry voices, just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment