The life and times of what goes on for a Resort Server. I live her I work here and I play here.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not sure if I like this

The whole work people reading my blog. Kind of defeats the point of having a blog in the first place. Let's review the very first post. The idea was to blow off steam, vent tell amusing and not so amusing stories, give my thoughts and impressions in a venue where they would be welcomed and appreciated, which is definitely not in my dining room. All the while maintaining a distance from those that I spend countless hours with.

The definition of my job is to make people happy right? I mean that's what I do. I wake up, eat a bowl of Wheaties, take a shower, run an errand, do my chores maybe go to lunch. Put on the makeup put the hair in a ponytail, button the shirt collar all the way to the top put on my tie, check my pockets for my name tag, lighter, wine key and lipstick and then go to a place where my main concern is making everyone around me happy until I clock out again. My thoughts, opinions and general personality aren't needed or welcomed at work. I never raise my voice, never disagree with any of those little boys that make the food. Is it to much to expect that maybe at some point I might have an independent thought.

The whole point of a blog is that I don't have to be happy, I don't have to worry about what other people are thinking about me, I get to say whatever I want, run my mouth rant and rave about tables, servers cooks, anything that may appeal to me at that particular point and time. If anything it's cathartic.

Now, here I am with laughing white coats who really enjoy their nicknames. It's going to be a lot less fun for me, having them read it. The blog is called a diary for fuck's sake. I don't think I want work people reading my diary. I'm thinking the blog may become more generalized. Good thing I have over a decade of restaurant memories to draw from.

5 comments:

  1. Start a new blog with a new title. Now you are guarded. Not much fun in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does limit what you write. Which feels like it defeats the purpose of what you want to do.

    It's a side of you that is not as professional as your work 'face'. Like Waiter E said, start a new blog, run away, and then you can write about anything you want.

    Don't lose the point to why you started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey!
    Don't worry about what the people think about your blog.
    I m laughing a lot how good you are writing.
    Keep going!
    This is to much fun.
    Leandro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carlinos! my Carlinos.... thank you babe.

    ReplyDelete